All students are required to complete and sign the
Participant Agreement/Waiver of Liability and Lesson Program
Policy and Agreement (this form).
Horse and Hive offers:
• Introducing and educating people about horses and horsemanship.
• Riding and Lesson Programs for beginners through advanced riders (as weather permits): Group, semi-private and private lessons.
• Inquire about lessons requiring special accommodations.
• Opportunities for educational clinics from local and non-local equestrian professionals.
• Instructor led trail rides.
• Classroom instruction, in conjunction with hands-on instruction and training.
Please read carefully, and if you agree to our policy, sign and date below.
1. All new students are required to take an introductory lesson, regardless of previous experience riding or handling horses. It will include an orientation of the facility and review of our Rules & Regulations.
2. Students may be required to remain in private lessons until they can perform level 1 tasks with minimal assistance.
3. All students, parents and guardians are expected to abide by barn rules and signage posted throughout the facility.
4. Part of your riding lesson experience will be to help familiarize you with various types of tack and equipment.
5. Students need to be mature enough to understand and follow directions.
6. Riding lessons are scheduled directly with instructors after the initial introductory lesson.
7. Some class time may not involve mounting and riding a horse, but will be instructional and educational. In the event of inclement weather, lessons will still be held but in a classroom setting unless transportation to the farm is deemed too precarious.
8. Payment for the lesson is due the day of the lesson.
9. There is a $25 charge for a bank-returned check.
10. We require 24-hour cancellation notice or the full lesson amount will still be due/charged.
11. Riding attire for lessons include:
• Long pants or chaps
• Boots or hard sole shoes with a heel (tennis shoes and similar footwear are not permitted),
• An approved ASTM/SEI riding helmet. We encourage students to purchase your own helmet to ensure the correct and safest fit.
We do offer helmets to students in the event the student does not have one.
NOTE: If students arrive in attire that the instructor deems unfit for the activity, the instructor reserves the right to limit the student based on the attire.
12. Riding lessons begin and end on time. Please be on time and come a few minutes early to prepare for your lesson. Tardiness will result in a shorter lesson or, if in the case of a group lesson, may result in inability to ride as to not impede the other student’s ride time.
13. The instructor reserves the right to dismiss or refuse to provide lessons to anyone if we determine that the student is uncooperative or incapable of safely meeting the requirements of the program.
14. Children must be supervised at all times on the property. Participants or families with unsupervised children may be required to end their lesson.