The following examples are intended as a guideline for nominators.
Demonstrated excellence or leadership role in:
- uncovering basic principles having impact beyond the nominee’s immediate field.
- may include potential to address pressing societal needs.
- developing or identifying innovations or key components with commercial potential
- licensing or commercializing innovations
- either developing or applying basic principles to product innovation.
- basic research similar to the academic sector.
- applied research similar to the industrial sector.
- track record in identifying, training, funding or otherwise fostering the development and translation of research to positively impact societal needs
- creative application of chemistry to nontechnical fields, e.g. art conservation.
Other: Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- actively engaged in commercializing chemistry- intensive innovation: her own or licensed from others.
- identifying or licensing innovations with commercial potential, commercializing technology.
- any other chemistry-intensive activity.