The ACS Women Chemists Committee (WCC) is offering a limited number of grants to ACS local sections, student chapters, and international chapters that wish to sponsor an event or activity that will increase the engagement of members who have identified as women chemists and will encourage innovative activities that will benefit the local community, regional meetings, and diversity, equity, inclusion and respect (DEIR).
To help with the event, WCC will provide up to $1,000 in funding. All applicants must adhere to the following requirements in order to be approved for funding:
- The event must follow the WCC mission to “engage, advance, and advocate for women.”
- The event must have at least 10 participants.
- Submit at least one (1) picture of the event/activity that may be included in WCC promotions.
- The following documents must be uploaded here: https://fs7.formsite.com/acsdiversity/WCCLSGrant/index.html
- An electronic copy of your invitation/announcement.
- A screen shot of your Twitter and/or Facebook post using the hashtags #WCCINACTION, #ACSWCC
- An electronic copy of receipts from the event.
Grant funds will be awarded as reimbursement for events that occurred between January 1-December 1, 2023 on a first-come, first-serve basis upon the approval of ACS WCC. Feel free to include the WCC logo for your event. Please send any questions you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org.