Union College
Center for Adult Transitions Application
The Union College Center for Adult Transitions will work to enhance the lives of high school graduates, up to the age of 24, with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The program will include transitional services, peer mentoring, educational opportunities, career exploration, and linkage to community resources. Students will not receive a College degree. A limited number of students will be accepted into the program. Students who meet the criteria and are not accepted will be placed on a waiting list.
Each student admitted to the program must be able to administer their own medication (if applicable) and be capable of attending to their own personal hygiene. Students must also be able to independently navigate the College campus and be safe around busy streets. They should not be a flight risk. Transportation to and from campus is the student's responsibility. 
The application and interview process will ask the student to identify goals for participation in the program and initial career and/or academic interests. Each student must submit a letter of recommendation from a person they have known for at least one year that is not a family member. The recommendation can be from a coach, Child Study Team member, teacher, mentor, community member, or guidance counselor. The student must have a strong desire to become an independent adult and possess sufficient emotional stability to participate successfully.
Steps to apply to the program:
1- apply to The Center for Adult Transitions
2- attach relevant documentation clearly showing the existence of an intellectual or developmental disability.
3- attach letter of recommendation 

Background Information

I attended High School outside of the United States *
What best describes the name of your disability? *


Email application to the Director *
Signature of Student *
Powered byFormsite